Bike Brightly, Bike Safely
It’s time to be seen during the darker months of the year by increasing your visibility. Make being seen on your bike in low-lit hours and at night a part of your active lifestyle.
- Legally, cyclists at dawn, dusk and night need a front white light and a back red reflector. For safety’s sake, also use a back flashing red light.
- Add lights to bags, spokes and racks, and consider using a headlamp for more visibility.
- Be prepared with extra batteries and lights just in case.
- Increase visibility be putting reflective tape or stickers on shoes, backpacks, messenger bags and jackets—really, anywhere and everywhere!
Invest in a vest or jacket.
- A variety of different vests and cycling jackets can be found that provide 360 degree reflection. Look for them at outdoor, sports and bike stores.
Cleck here to print a Be Seen Bicycling brochure.
Be Seen. Be Safe.
Be Seen Walking or Jogging
Be Seen Skateboarding
Be Seen Riding Transit
Drivers: Stay Alert