Carpooling in the Portland Area:
Find a match with DriveLessConnect
DriveLessConnect is the regional rideshare matching service for Oregon and SW Washington. It’s free, convenient and quick. You can register, complete your profile, and begin emailing matches within five minutes. Simply, “Log on, match up, drive off.”
DriveLessConnect was developed in 2002 with a grant from the Climate Trust and through a partnership between Metro, the City of Portland, SMART Transit, C-TRAN and TriMet. Currently, there are over 11,000 registered commuters, mostly in the Portland metro region. It primarily serves commuters who are not able to take transit because of the travel distances, shift schedule or lack of transit service where they live or work. Personal information, such as home and work address, is confidential and cannot be seen by matches.
Here are some steps to get started on DriveLessConnect:
- Go DriveLessConnect.com.
- Click on Register Today.
- Accept the DriveLessConnect Terms and Conditions
- Enter the information requested on the profile page. Only your salutation, first name and e-mail address are released. If you wish to release your last name or phone number, you must check the box to release.
- Verify your home address and work address or select a destination site from the drop-down list.
- Select the days of the week you work, the time you start work and finish work and allow about 30-minutes of flexibility to create a bigger circle of potential matches.
- Go to the Match page and look at your matches.
- Select the match or matches that work best for you and e-mail them. If you choose, include your first name and a work phone number for contact.
- Go to “ONLINE RIDE MATCHING” linked on the DriveLessConnect main page and read the interview tips before meeting your prospective carpool partners.
- Also, go to the “Cost Calculator” to learn the real costs of commuting and how much money you will save by carpooling.
More On Carpooling A to Z: