Get Real Time Arrivals with TriMet TransitTracker
Want to know when your transit ride is coming? TriMet's TransitTracker™ can reduce your time standing at stops by giving you real-time arrival information for buses, MAX Light Rail, WES Commuter Rail and Portland Streetcar over the phone, on reader boards at stations or online.
TransitTracker uses GPS tracking and sensors and vehicles’ locations and average speed to estimate when the next bus or train will arrive.
How to use TriMet’s TransitTracker:
TransitTracker by phone:
- Dial 503-238-RIDE (7433) and press "1" for TransitTracker. Enter the Stop ID number of the bus stop or MAX station. TransitTracker will then tell you the next arrivals for the buses or MAX lines serving that stop. You can visit trimet.org/transittracker/stopidnumbers.htm to find Stop ID Numbers
- Text your stop ID number to 27299. TransitTracker will then text you the next arrivals for the buses or MAX lines serving that stop
- View TransitTracker at trimet.org/arrivals/index.htm
- Enter a Stop ID Number or select a bus or MAX line, click go and then select a stop from the drop down menu.
TransitTracker on mobile devices:
- Log on to pda.trimet.org using your mobile device.
- Enter a bus line number, enter a Stop ID number or select a MAX line. If you would prefer to select from a list of all TriMet bus and MAX lines, scroll down and select the "Help" option.
- Select the direction you’re headed, such as "to Portland.”
- Select the stop or station you want.
- Arrival times for your stop will appear. At the top, you'll see a Stop ID number, which you can use next time you plan a trip.
More On Transit Resources: