Be Seen Skateboarding
It’s time to be seen during the darker months of the year. Maximize your visibility on your skateboard during both low-lit hours and at night. Legal requirements vary by city so find out what is mandatory in your area.
- Wear a white light in front that’s visible from at least 500 feet, and a red light or reflector in back that’s visible from at least 600 feet (this may be a legal requirement in your area).
- Find a helmet outfitted with lights (some even turn on and off with movement) or attach a light to your helmet.
- Consider adding more lights for greater visibility by wearing a light stick, jogger arms bands with LED lights or other light accessories.
- Get creative! Put reflective tape or stickers on backpacks, jackets, helmets or your board!
- Lighter-colored and brighter outerwear is certainly better than dark clothing, but clothing with reflective material is best.
Cleck here to print a Be Seen Skateboarding brochure.
Be Seen. Be Safe.
Bike Brightly, Bike Safely
Be Seen Walking or Jogging
Be Seen Riding Transit
Drivers: Stay Alert