Drive Less with Mobile Device Apps
Want to utilize your smart phone to drive less? There are hundreds of applications related to driving that can help. From maps to gas trackers, nearby places to car care, you are covered no matter what phone you use. You can search for apps online and at your phone’s app store.
Here are some helpful smart phone apps:
- TomTom - Turn your Smart Phone into a mobile GPS unit. It provides easy navigations, voice directions, navigation re-calculations and more. For iPhone and Android.
- The Weather Channel - Get the latest local weather and traffic cams. For iPhone and Android.
- GasBuddy - Finds current gas prices nearby you. For mobile web, iPhone and Android.
- greenMeter - Compute your vehicle's power, fuel usage characteristics and evaluate your driving to increase efficiency, reduce fuel consumption and cost. For iPhone.
- Gas Cubby - Tracks gas mileage and vehicle maintenance. For iPhone.
- Zipcar - Members can find and book a Zipcar, honk the horn, even lock and unlock the doors. Non-members can see which Zipcars live near them and learn what being a Zipster is all about. For more information call 866.494.7227. For iPhone and Android.
- Traffic.com - View traffic problems, scheduled construction and delay times. For mobile web.
- Google Maps - Determine your current location with or without GPS, get driving and transit directions and get phone numbers and addresses for local businesses. For mobile web, iPhone and Android.
- Google Mobile - Route destinations, find nearby places and more. For mobile web.
- Red Laser - Compare product prices by scanning bar codes without driving around. For iPhone, Android and Windows Phone.
More On Apps & Gadgets: