Walking Your Way to Health & Happiness
We all know that walking helps to maintain cardiovascular fitness and a healthy weight, but there are lots of other benefits that you might want to consider.
- If you replace driving trips to places like the grocery store, work or friends’ houses, you could end up saving a considerable amount of money on gas. The environmental benefits will be even greater, as the short trips (cold starts) in cars cause the greatest amount of pollution.
- Employees who walk during their lunch hours report feeling more refreshed later in the day.
- Walking can help curb clinical depression.
- According to a report in the Journal of the American Medical Association, walking can help keep the mind sharp and ward off Alzheimer’s disease.
- Regular exercise reduces the risk of diabetes.
- Walking helps to maintain a healthy bone density and prevent osteoporosis.
- Walking in your neighborhood provides an opportunity to greet neighbors and friends.
More On Walking Tips: